ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) is the solid band of tissue associating the femur (thigh bone) to the tibia (bring down leg bone) going corner to corner through somewhere inside the knee joint. It is intended to bring soundness at the knee that controls the forward and backward and side to side movement at the knee joint.
ACL remaking is an arthroscopic medical procedure to modify the torn ACL tendon utilizing the unions that are reaped from the ligament positioned at some other piece of the knee.
ACL medical procedure is shown in tendon damage that happens most often with the sudden over expansion or bending development at the knee joint because of generally the aggressive games like soccer, ball, football and so forth.
The primary reason for ACL remaking medical procedure is to reestablish the knee strength and capacity of the harmed tendon.
The ACL tear, being the indication for the ACL reconstruction, occurs due to both contact and non-contact mechanism.
- Falling down on an extended knee.
- Playing with the foot planted on the ground and getting hit/blow on the lateral side of the knee.
- Twisting suddenly or changing directions quickly with the foot planted on the ground.
- Stopping suddenly with legs overextended or slightly bent.
- Improper landing after jumping from an extreme height.
- Missing a step while climbing or descending the staircase.
ACL injury/tear can be managed by either of the following options;
- Conservative Management: Acute sprains or partial ligament tears can be managed conservatively with the appropriate rest and protection to the joint with limited mobility.
- Rehabilitation Program: This is to regain normal range of motion, strengthening your muscles to support and stabilize the joint during your daily living activities.
- Protective Bracing: Use of custom fitted knee braces to decrease the stress on healing ligaments.
ACL tear can be treated surgically with two different techniques that include;
- Surgical Repair of ACL: It is a rare choice of surgery which is accomplished by reposing and suturing the torn ligament. This technique is indicated only when the ligament is torn off from its attachment but still intact and is not stretched out or when there is an avulsion. The repair of ACL is less recommended due to less desirable outcomes and possibility of recurrent ligament injury.
- Reconstruction Surgery: ACL reconstruction is the primary choice and the leading aid of surgically managed ACL injuries. It is performed arthroscopically or endoscopically causing less tissue destruction and faster recovery. During ACL reconstruction, a tissue graft is used to replicate the function of injured ligament thereby stabilizing the knee.The tendon graft can be harvested from two different tissue that includes;
- Patella tendon graft: If a patella tendon graft is selected, the small graft is taken along with the small bone plugs attached at each end from the front of the patient’s knee, allowing the graft to fix very rapidly with bone.
- Hamstring tendon graft: It is the most popular and highly successful method. The semitendinosus-gracilis tendon graft is harvested from the insertion of the muscle. It has an advantage of less donor site discomfort than patellar tendon graft.
A stay of 1-2 days at the emergency clinic pursued by 1-2 weeks remain in India is sufficient to recover well and fly back after the arthroscopic ACL remaking medical procedure in India.
At Justhealthx, we perceive the importance of fantastic wellbeing and prosperity of our visitors and subsequently our goal is to give the best ACL recreation in India at reasonable costs. A favored relationship with best orthopedic clinics in India and best orthopedic specialists in India encourages us prompt:
- Best ACL reconstruction surgery in India
- Most affordable cost of ACL reconstruction surgery in India
The expense ACL recreation in India begins from USD 3000 and fluctuates with the kind of method, specialist, facility and the city where you complete the medical procedure.
A separately distributed caseworker takes customized enthusiasm to structure a customized treatment plan for each visitor and will give a particular time and knee tendon medical procedure cost in India.