The resulting pouch, about the shape and size of a banana, is larger than the pouch created during Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
By removing the outer aspect of the stomach, the majority of the cells that produce the hunger hormone ghrelin are removed and patients feel less hungry. During this procedure, a small stomach pouch or sleeve is created to decrease the amount of food it can hold. This surgery does not involve the small intestine in any way. The procedure, performed under general anesthesia, takes between one and two hours, with an expected hospital stay of two to three days. The average patient will lose 40 – 50 percent of their excess weight in the first two years after the procedure
Sleeve gastrectomy is a restrictive procedure. It greatly reduces the size of the stomach and limits the amount of food that can be eaten at one time. It does not cause decreased absorption of nutrients or bypass the intestines. After this surgery, patients feel full after eating very small amounts of food. Sleeve gastrectomy may also cause a decrease in appetite. In addition to reducing the size of the stomach, the procedure reduces the amount of the “hunger hormone,” ghrelin, produced by the stomach The duration of this effect is not clear yet, but most patients have significantly decreased hunger after the operation.
The benefits of the gastric sleeve surgery
Getting prepared for your sleeve gastrectomy
• When preparing for any weight loss surgery you have to be able to make a lifelong commitment to major changes in your diet and lifestyle.
• Always tell your bariatric nurse/surgeon what drugs, vitamins, herbs and other supplements you are taking. You may be asked to stop taking them before your surgery.
• Try to start on a healthy lifestyle in the weeks leading up to your operation. This is to get you used to a change in lifestyle and may result in a greater weight loss after surgery.
• Ensure that you have a ready supply of drinks, thin soups and purees for when you come out of hospital.
• Make sure that you have all the medications you will need after surgery in a liquid form if necessary.
Appropriate candidates for a sleeve gastrectomy generally include individuals who:
Getting prepared for your surgery
• When preparing for any weight loss surgery you need to make a lifelong commitment to the dietary and lifestyle changes necessary for success.
• Tell your surgeon about any medications you are taking or plan to take throughout recovery. Vitamins, minerals and herbs interact with medications so don’t leave anything out.
• You will need to follow a pre-operation diet to prepare your body for surgery.
• Practice eating slowly, which includes chewing each morsel of food 15 times and putting the fork down between bites.
• You shall ideally quit smoking for at least a week before and after weight loss surgery. Smoking can increase the risk of complications, including potentially fatal blood clots. It can also affect the healing of the incisions and increase the risk of infection.
• Don’t drink alcohol for at least 48 hours before your weight loss surgery.
Just HealthX is a leading provider of weight loss surgery in India and offers weight loss procedures performed by highly qualified and experienced bariatric surgeons who have undergone intensive specialist training in their speciality.
Please get in touch with us for a life-changing procedure to make you more fit, healthy and confident than ever before. Book your slots fast because you deserve better health and an active lifestyle
You would need to remain at the hospital for around 2 to 3 days and seven days nearby after release from the hospital after bariatric surgery. An aggregate of about fourteen days is required to stay in India after bariatric surgery. You can continue typical everyday exercises in around seven days’ time.
At Justhealthx, we perceive the importance of great wellbeing and prosperity of our visitors and subsequently our goal is to give the best gastric bypass medical procedure in India at moderate costs.
The expense of sleeve gastrectomy in India may begin from around USD 5,000 relying upon the decisions made by the visitor. An exclusively allotted caseworker takes customized enthusiasm to structure a customized treatment plan for each visitor and will let you know of the span and cost of the bariatric surgery in India.