All-inclusive Hip replacement cost in India starting from – 4800 USD / 336000 INR
Above cost also includes US FDA approved best quality hip implants
Stay in hospital – 5 days
Total Stay in India – 20 days
No hidden cost or last-minute surprises and shocks
Inclusions in above cost:
Hip replacement surgery
Hospital stay for patient and attendant (5 days)
Routine pre -operative Investigations
Meals for patient and attendant
Medicines and consumables during admission
Physiotherapy after knee replacement
Travel & visa assistance
Total Hip Replacement includes supplanting the hip joint that has been harmed or eroded by joint inflammation or osteoarthritis. The prosthesis substitutes for the hip joint permitting smooth and frictionless movement. The objective of total hip replacement surgery is to ease pain and increase the durability and capacity of the affected hip joint.
How is it done –
- An incision is made over the hip to expose the hip joint
- The acetabulum (socket) is prepared using a special instrument
- The acetabular component is then inserted into the socket
- This is sometimes reinforced with screws or occasionally cemented.
- A liner which can be made of plastic, metal or ceramic material is then placed inside the acetabular component
- The femur (thigh bone) is then prepared. The femoral head which is arthritic is cut off and the bone prepared using special instruments, to exactly fit the new metal femoral component
- The femoral component is then inserted into the femur. This may be press fit relying on bone to grow into it or cemented depending on a number of factors such as bone quality and patient’s lifestyle
- The real femoral head component is then placed on the femoral stem. This can be made of metal or ceramic
- The hip is then reduced again, for the last time
- The muscles and soft tissues are then closed carefully.
Why it is needed/Causes
The most common cause for total hip replacement is usually arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis is wearing joints due to age occurring at or over the age of 50 years. The cartilage lining the hip bone is worn out, leading to exposed bones that rub against each other causing pain and mobility problems.
- Inflammatory arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis are autoimmune diseases where the synovial membrane gets inflamed and thickened causing pain and stiffness
- Post-traumatic arthritis caused due to injury or fracture of the hip ultimately resulting in cartilage damage.
- Childhood diseases of the hip cause serious hip problems and disfigurement of the hip in adulthood or since birth
- Avascular necrosis is caused by dislocation or fracture or any such injury that causes obstruction of the blood supply to the femoral head.
- Bone tumors
Nonsurgical treatment alternatives are:
- Pain medications
- Glucocorticoid injections into the joint, anti-rheumatics and other medications that are beneficial
Surgical treatment alternatives include:
- Advanced arthritis is treated conventionally with hip replacement surgery. Unlike the traditional hip replacement, head of the femur is trimmed and capped with the metal covering. Also, the damaged bone and cartilage is removed from the acetabulum and is replaced with the metal socket.
- Hip Fusion –Hip fusion procedure eliminates all motions at the hip joint by fusing femur and pelvis together held in position by metal screws and plates.
- Hip Osteotomy – This procedure realigns the hip joint bones and relieves early arthritis symptoms.
- Resection Arthroplasty – The head of the femur bone is removed and in contrast with the other hip replacement surgery, the bone is not replaced but instead, it is allowed to heal and develop its own fibrous scar tissue.
You would need to remain at the hospital for 5 days and 2 weeks in India for one hip supplanted. In the event that you require the two hips supplanted , a stay of three to about a month is required. The specialist may work both the joints in the meantime or in a steady progression at a hole of seven days relying on your therapeutic condition.
At Justhealthx, our goal is to give the best hip replacement in India at reasonable costs.
- Hip replacement with Best hip replacement surgeons in India
- Most affordable hip replacement cost in India
An independently allotted caseworker takes customized enthusiasm to structure a customized treatment plan for each visitor and will give a particular time and hip replacement cost in India.