Cost of Lung cancer treatment in India
Cost of lung cancer surgery in India-4000 USD/ 280000 INR onwards depending upon the stage of cancer
Stay in hospital – 4 to 5 days, Total stay in India – 12 days
Cost of lung cancer chemotherapy in India–250 USD/17000 INR onwards
Stay in Hospital – 1 day for each cycle, also chemotherapy for lung cancer can be prescribed orally without any injections or admission depending upon the patient’s condition
Cost of Radiotherapy for lung cancer treatment in India– 1800 USD/ 126000 INR
Lung Cancer growth is a kind of disease that starts in the lungs. Purpose of Lungs is to take in oxygen when you breathe in and discharge carbon dioxide when you breathe out.
Abnormal cells divide uncontrollably (Lung cancer) and is the main source of deaths in the United States. Lung disease takes away a greater number of lives every year than do colon, prostate, ovarian and breast cancer consolidated.
Individuals who smoke have the most serious danger of lung malignant growth, however, lung disease can likewise happen in individuals who have never smoked. The danger of lung disease increments with the time allotment and the number of cigarettes you’ve smoked.
One reason malignant tumors are dangerous is that they grow uncontrollably. When the cancer cells grow too fast, they prevent your organs from working normally. For example, if cancer affects the lungs, the tumor may grow so large it blocks a major airway so that part of the lung is not usable for breathing or an infection may develop because of the blockage.
The following are the risk factors that are responsible for developing lung cancer.
People with an increased risk of lung cancer may consider annual lung cancer screening using low-dose CT scans.
Discuss your lung cancer risk with your doctor, along with doctor can decide whether lung cancer screening is right for you.
Tests to diagnose lung cancer
If there’s the reason to think that you may have lung cancer, your doctor can order a number of tests to look for cancerous cells and to rule out other conditions.
Tests may include:
- Imaging tests. An X-ray image may reveal an abnormal mass or nodule. A CT scan can reveal small lesions in your lungs that might not be detected on an X-ray.
- Sputum cytology. If you have a cough that can have sputum presence, looking at the sputum under the microscope can sometimes reveal the presence of lung cancer cells.
- The tissue sample (biopsy). Sometimes a sample of abnormal cells may be removed in a procedure called a biopsy to check those samples. Your doctor can perform a biopsy in a number of ways, including bronchoscopy, in this examination is done of abnormal areas of your lungs using a lighted tube that’s passed down your throat and into your lungs.
Treating lung disease is extremely testing. To direct the survival rates, it is fundamental to know the phase of the infection. The treatment for the lung disease can either be therapeutic in which the intercessions are done to control the development of the malignancy, or it very well may be palliative, which expects to enhance the personal satisfaction by overseeing torment and related manifestations.
- Surgery: Surgery to treat lung cancer is considered as the gold standard which is performed to excise a cancerous tumor and the surrounding lung tissue in order to cure the patients when the disease is particularly localized. Initially, only traditional open surgeries were performed for resection of the tumor.The following procedures are performed by the surgeons using VATS that is video-assisted thoracic surgery and robotic surgery as well.
- Wedge resection or segmental resection: This is usually done to remove only the small part of the diseased lung.
- Lobectomy: most commonly performed to remove the lobe of your lung if cancer is extensive.
- Pneumonectomy: to remove the entire lung if cancer has invaded all the lobes.
- Chemotherapy: It is performed with specialized drugs that destroy the growing cancer cells found.
- Radiation therapy: This uses high powered energy beams like X-ray or protons to kill the cancerous cells. It can either be used as a sole treatment or can be combined with chemotherapy with or without the surgery. This is then followed by radiation therapy, most of the patients are relieved from the pain, obstruction in the airways, shortness of breath etc. It can be done using,
- External radiation or
- Brachytherapy (internal radiation)
- Radiosurgery: The new innovation in radiation therapy is radiosurgery, which is used in very limited patients where tumors are small but undergoing surgery may prove harmful.
Side effects of Lung Cancer Treatment
Side effects of non-little cell lung malignant growth and little cell lung disease are essentially the equivalent.
Early side effects may include:
- waiting or declining hack
- hacking up mucus or blood
- chest torment that declines when you inhale profoundly, snicker, or hack
- shortness of breath
- shortcoming and weakness
- loss of craving and weight reduction
Depending on the patient’s condition and the hospital amenities, the cost of each type of surgery can be discussed with our team, you may connect with JustHealthX Team for the same.